DEVELOP Visual Experimentation – Symbols
In a previous blog post I discussed wanting to develop some symbols. This was a Lino print I made a few months ago, and I think some of these could be developed.
These were done with monoprinting. The scuffed effect works well I think, although I would need to redo them on separate sheets to be able to use them. I used a variety of tools for this – sticks, a screwdriver, the end of a paintbrush.
This was created afterwards, and I really like the negative versions of the drawings.
Next steps – develop the symbols more and come up with a set that works together. I like both of these styles – perhaps one could be for the cards and one for the books.